Reports To : Manager, Information Technology Operations
Department: Information Technology
Office Location : Charles Town, WV
FLSA Status : Exempt
Date Posted : October 10, 2012
Date Closing : Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Network/Systems Administrator - Call Center Systems will have primary responsibility for the design and implementation of the University’s telephony platforms, including voice, voicemail, interactive voice response (IVR), routing/call flow scripting, predictive dialing, digital recording, etc. and will ensure solutions are designed not just for today's needs, but to meet changing and growing business requirements.
The incumbent will install, configure, and maintain the University's network and Windows 200X-based servers and file storage servers. This individual will also work with a quality service approach within the work area to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, system integrity, performance, and security Also, this position will work in team environment supporting applications development and production systems operations, including backup to database administration, voice, systems administration, and help desk. The Network/Systems Administrator- Call Center Systems will work with other team members to maintain network and server infrastructure, including routers, switches, network appliances (load balancers, firewalls, etc.), Windows servers, and security infrastructure.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Configures, manages, and maintains mission-critical voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Call Center Systems to ensure maximum usability and system availability.
- Works with users to understand and implement future requirements following strict change management procedures.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Manages updates, patching, and upgrades to ensure system availability.
- Monitors and measures performance and costs through regular reporting and summaries of the systems, including availability, usage, and capacity.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, responds to, and resolves problems affecting server performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Provides support for production enterprise environments located in Charles Town, WV, and Manassas, VA, our disaster recovery site, and other branch offices.
- Implements, manages, and troubleshoots servers, including backup servers and operating systems and software.
- Implements, manages, and troubleshoots all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs).
- Implements new hardware and software projects, providing documentation and procedures based on functionality of the environment.
- Assists in developing enterprise network and server solutions as per requirements, including the creation of functional requirement documents, project plans, and detailed implementation plans.
- Ensures 24x7x365 availability for identified internal mission critical services.
- Develops and documents instructions and guidelines to perform the functions assigned.
- Performs backup, recovery, and archiving.
- Provides backup support to other Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, and personal computer (PC) Technicians.
- Adheres to and participates in change management and audit procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be flexible and agile enough to access tight spaces in telephone closets and around furniture.
- Must be able to travel to data centers and branch offices at multiple locations.
- Core coverage hours of support are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm but will be part of the rotating 24x7x365 on call schedule.
- Must be able to perform after hours and weekend work as directed by supervisor.
- Strong experience with configuration of administration of Cisco VOIP Systems.
- Experience with advanced call center functions (predictive dialing and complex call flows) preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: local area network (LAN)/ wide area network (WAN)/ virtual private network (VPN) and remote network technologies and protocols (such as, but not limited to, transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP), file transfer protocol (FTP), 802.11 H.323, Ethernet, and hypertext markup language (HTML)).
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, performance tuning, and security of Microsoft (MS) and Linux Servers.
- Ability to work independently or with other team members.
- Ability to mentor Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 technical support on application issues.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Ability to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Competence with routers, switches, firewalls, and other network appliances.
- Methodical, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must be flexible enough to meet the demands of a fluid and changing environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, or Information Technology required.
- Minimum three years of experience with Cisco Call Manager configuration and administration.
- Minimum three years of experience in a Microsoft/Cisco environment including some exposure to virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL) including administration and query writing.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Dell hardware and EMC storage preferred.
- Experience providing end user training.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Network Administration.
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE), A+, I-NET+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Helpful certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), MicMCSE+I.
American Public University System - 17 months ago