GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position manages the Follow-Up Team by providing work direction, training, direct supervision, work flow support, process review, and correction. Position is also responsible for departmental representation on planning committees and discussion forums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive:
- Maintain and improve interdepartmental cohesiveness.
- Perform teammate annual performance reviews; establish individual teammate short and long term goals.
- Address teammate relations issues in a timely fashion and professional manner and escalate to Director and People Services Director as appropriate.
- Print consistent, visible, and timely communication to team on matters including but not limited to: team goals and objectives, progress towards those goals, information that will keep teammates well informed on issues and activities that impact their ability to carry out their job responsibilities.
- Foster strong working relationships between team and assigned centers, encouraging communication and collaboration for the overall benefit of our patients.
- Ensure new teammates receive the appropriate training and support to effectively understand department, computer systems, their role, and company policies, procedures and compliance standards.
- Ensure departmental teammates have the appropriate tools, supplies, job aides, systems access, etc. in order to be effective in individual roles.
- Provide ongoing training, development, coaching and performance management to ensure teammates meet or exceed expectations of their position; proactively address performance issues according to established performance management tools.
- Manage follow up and collection function.
- Verify all applicable insurance with payors including patient eligibility and all associated benefits related to home infusion services.
- Provide on call coverage as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and HCP/DaVita policies.
- Work closely with facilities, teammates, and other customers to enhance claim resolution.
- Provide updates to supervisor regarding changes, observations, and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned include but are not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed.
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed.
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures.
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled in an essential responsibility of this position.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to and role model of HomeChoice Partners/DaVitas values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company.
- Approachable and open.
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and within a team and to foster a positive work environment.
S2 - BioScrip - 24 months ago