Database Administrator (Job Number: 327383)
The Integrated Systems Group of SAIC has a career opportunity for an Database Administrator, with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance, to provide prototype development support in Columbia, MD.
The Database Administrator will work on a team does signals development and prototyping on emerging technologies. This team develops a wide range of prototypes with varying capabilities, complexity, and field deployment priorities. This effort supports the full spectrum of signals development in performing these requirements. The Database Administrator will be responsible primarily for monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance tuning on database systems. Minimal travel is expected.
Portions of SAIC to be renamed Leidos, Inc., subject to stockholder approval and consummation of a separation transaction if approved by SAIC board of directors. SAIC is pursuing a plan to separate into two independently traded companies; one that provides technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services primarily to the U.S. government (new SAIC), and one that delivers technical solutions in national security, engineering and health (Leidos, Inc.).
- Monitor, administer, and implement database systems.
- Performance tune Oracle and Sybase database systems.
- Develop non-database program components.
- Create shell scripts to load or dump database information.
- Perform general database administrator duties.
- Support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows, and Linux Redhat.
- Administer Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms.
- Manage Sybase RDBMS, Powerbuilder, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Run Indexed Sequential Access Method, ISAM.
- Conduct database performance optimization and changing database indices.
- Redesign database structure and reloading data into database.
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field with 7+ years related experience.
- Monitoring, administering, and implementing database systems experience.
- Performance tuning Oracle and Sybase database systems experience.
- Developing non-database program components experience.
- Creating shell scripts to load or dump database information experience.
- General database administrator duties experience.
- Supporting Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows, and Linux Redhat experience.
- Administering Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms experience.
- Managing Sybase RDBMS, Powerbuilder, and Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Running Indexed Sequential Access Method, ISAM, experience.
- Database performance optimization and changing database indices experience.
- Redesigning the database structure and reloading data into database experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Sep 9, 2013, 12:57:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...