Serve food and beverage to guests in a courteous and friendly manner
in accordance with established brand/hotel guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Supervisor/Banquet Server/Captain – Restaurant Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set and clear tables in dining areas.
- Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, or straws.
- Take food and beverage orders and place order in point of service system.
- Pick up order from food preparation areas and ensure food is prepared accordingly.
- Prepare guest check and if appropriate complete payment transaction.
- Perform other food and beverage functions such as bartending and bussing in the event of staff staffing shortages or peak periods.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience required or equivalent training.
- Knowledge of POS system.
- TIPS certification preferred.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching.
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 2 years ago - save job