Software Architecture Director
This senior level software architect will report into the ISD Network Product & Services Architecture team and be responsible for the detailed software architecture & software integration around the Network as a Service (Naas) Solution. Software architect is responsible for the technical direction of a project. Makes high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms. Determines coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Performs pathfinding and surveys technologies. Interacts with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Define & harmonize an integrated software architecture & development requirements that brings together multiple sub systems developed by geographically diverse teams. Identify opportunities to integrate, replace, & improve for efficiency, scale, and reliability.
* Establish an integrated development and QA team to innovate and drive new features and functionality into primary engineering & development teams
* Deploy solution in a hosted cloud architecture and execute customer trials
* Work with Product Management Team & Sales Teams to align on-going roadmap features with the solution architecture. Actively contribute to the overall network services roadmap and future direction.
* Work across the Intel SSG organizations to align the NPS Software Architecture with the relevant ISD solutions including Cloud Services Platform, Location Services, Developer Program & Store Front, MacAfee Security Solutions, Analytics
* Develop strong technical relationships within the Intel SSG and ISD organization for collaboration and Innovation around the Network Services strategy.
* Identify key technology partners to evolve services
* Willing to travel 30%
Self-motivated, energetic, team player with a strong track record for completing key deliverables, innovative thinking, and ability to document technical architecture, design, and requirements.
The position requires a strong combination of skills - both technical and business development acumen and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously.
Broad & detailed understanding of emerging mobile application development space including HTML 5, Web RTC, GSMA One API
Agile Software Development Methodology
Service Provider Network Signaling protocols: Diameter, LDAP, SIP
Web Service API's: REST, SOAP, Parlay X
Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
Must have 15 years experience in software development, preferably targeted at the mobile application development space. Roles must have included developer, software architect, and management of development teams.
BS or equivalent in related technical discipline required
- MBA desired
Advanced technical acumen in software design and development, and complex software architectures (Agile)
Experience with mobile application development is desired.
Experience with mobile data network architecture desired
Experience in Software QA testing methodology and tools
Experience building out and managing teams that are measured on performance
Feb 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion