General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) is a $4 Billion business unit of General Dynamics Corporation and has a 65 year defense heritage of providing high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its allies. Land Systems has the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 8,400 employees who are dedicated to making the company the world's preferred supplier of a full spectrum of land and amphibious weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensures product is developed IAW GDLS engineering standards to achieve program requirements
- Responsible to assure IPT products based on WBS/RAM allocations achieve performance requirements, TPM’s, and all allocations including weight
- Draws upon functional engineering to support design, analysis and verification
- Work with EPM in management of subcontract activities for responsible products based on WBS/RAM. Includes development of product SOWs, requirements/TPM management, interface control, trades, design reviews, etc.
- Implement team SE and quality standards
- Oversight and responsible for preparation, review and approval of project documentation (CDRL’s and design reviews)
- Ensure all product interfaces are identified, completely defined and managed to completion
- Oversight of technical performance and status against established performance parameters and baselines. Assure technical products for milestones and deliverables are met.
- Responsible for overall timeliness, technical integrity and quality of physical and functional integration products in support of Stryker Systems Engineering Manager (SEM)
- Work with Product Line Manager (PLM) for development and technical execution of IMP/IMS
- Elevate project and technical issues for resolution PLM SEM & LSE
- Interface with Program Office, Design & Development Engineering, Systems Engineering, Logistics, Vetronics, Manufacturing, Design Services, and vendors as required
–Technical design meets requirements
- Ensure engineering projects are executed in accordance with fundamental systems engineering practices.
–SE products satisfy customer (internal and external) needs and are of high quality.
–RCCA, IST, FPRB, etc.
- First line PLM representation for all engineering functions within assigned projects.
–Drives problem resolution
Bachelors or higher degree in engineering
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum of 9 years related experience
- Project/program planning experience desired
- Experience with wheeled vehicles desired (Stryker, JLTV, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- CAD Experience: Pro/ENGINEER, VisMockup, SpaceClaim, UGNX, and TeamCenter
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Lotus required
- Proficiency in Oracle or other database applications proficiency desired
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain DoD clearance and passport
- Must be willing and able to perform domestic and international travel
General Dynamics Land Systems - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...