If you are an experienced software developer who is passionate about building the platform to support the world’s premier cloud computing environment, then this is the job for you.
The Linux Development team is responsible for the design and maintenance of tools associated with Amazon’s Linux platforms as well as the build and deployment of our Linux platforms, which support the Amazon E-Commerce platforms and Amazon Web Services. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our drive for product excellence.
Software Development Engineers perform a broad array of the coding and design of the tools we use to build our Linux platform. They synthesize design requirements into action with minimal direct oversight.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system and understand how to develop in common scripting languages like Perl and Python as well C in a Linux environment. Experience with Linux package management, version control systems, automated build processes, and software unit testing are a must. An understanding of and experience in contributing to open source projects is a plus. Specific in depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Linux operating system internals is desirable for this role.
We are changing the way that people use computers and the Linux team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform--come help us make history!
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Expert C programmer.
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
- BS in Computer Science.
- + years of industry experience focused on Linux with extensive Xen and/or kernel experience.
- A solid understanding of Linux networking.
- Experience working with the open source community.
- Proficient with Python, capable with Perl, and familiar with C++.
Amazon.com - 12 months ago