One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This is an entry level position focussed on providing the necessary skills and knowledge required in order to safely perform a variety of basic Wireline services as a Field Specialist. The expectation at this level is to assist under direct supervision, and to observe all aspects of the operation as performed by the Wireline crew. Duties and responsibilities are to assist in the maintenance and operation of Wireline equipment and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Assist in Job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, paperwork and documentation requirements.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
- Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all Weatherford tools and equipment at the location, including associated hazards.
- Performing tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
- Performing Wireline tests, cable re-heads, tool preventative maintenance & calibration.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of various Wireline functions including winch operation, depth control, tension, data acquisition and tool response.
- May be required to attend Weatherford Junior Field Engineer (JFE) training course (9 to 12 weeks) in Fort Worth, Texas
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Good mechanical aptitude
Understand fundamental math and physics
Understand principles of electricityMust be able to obtain a CDL Class B with Airbrakes and Hazmat endorsement within 90 days of employment
Minimum High School degree or equivalent
Valid state issued Driver's License
Computer proficiency required using MS Word, Excel
Must be able to work various schedules and OT
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
Weatherford - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...