The Front Desk Clerk is a member of the Front Office team. S/he are responsible for: maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone. As part of this job, this individual is required to: demonstrate good computer skills; accurately handle cash and charges; stand for long periods of time; present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor.
This position requires a Pre-Hire Assessment as part of the application process. For best results we recommend you complete the assessment in one seating without any interruptions or distractions and therefore advise that you begin the application process when you can dedicate 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted time to apply for this opening.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
The Phoenix Marriott Buttes is currently looking for a Front Desk Agent to join our team!
POSITION PURPOSE : Check-in and check-out guests and respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all SOPs and LSOPs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
2. Pre-register, block reservations and take same day reservations and when necessary future reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies.
3. Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in a efficient and friendly manner.
4. Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety boxes, etc.
5. Cancel room reservations according to procedures.
6. Walk customers in a professional and courteous manner according to procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Inventory guest room keys according to policy and request re-keying as necessary.
2. Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence or heavy volume in the areas of Bell Person, PBX Operator, and Reservationist.
3. Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, type of payment, rate, market segment.
Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Previous customer service experience and proficient microsoft office and computer skills are required.
We have a great benefit and compensation package including cash incentives, Marriott and Interstate hotel discounts, F&B discounts, discounted associate meal program, free bus cards, awards and recognition programs, vacation, sick and holiday pay, 401(k), health insurance and more!
Applicants must apply on line through this site. Completion of pre-hire assessment required for all candidates.
Sitting atop a 25-acre valley landmark, The Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes hotel in Tempe, AZ is easily accessible to Phoenix and Scottsdale. This Tempe hotel is located near Chase Ballpark, the Arizona Center and Tempe Diablo Stadium
The Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes in Tempe, AZ features 353 luxurious smoke-free guest rooms, equipped with wireless high-speed internet and dual phone lines. There are 11 meeting rooms with a total of 40,000 sq ft and the largest meeting room is Kachina Ballroom with maximum meeting space of 9,000 sq ft and maximum seating capacity of 900. 24-hour Business Center is also available for convenience.
The Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes hotel features four Restaurants including The Market, Tequila on the Rocks, Thirsty Cactus Pool Bar & Grill, and Top of the Rock. There is a Fitness Center, Spa and two Mountainside swimming pools also available. Nearby Golf Course Attractions include Raven Golf Club at South Mountain, Camelback Golf Club - Indian Bend Course, and Ocotillo Golf Resort.
Division : Concierge Desk
Division : Front Desk
Division : Front Desk - Night Audit
Facility : Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
Category : Hospitality
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job