Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the U.S. and in the Western Hemisphere, with a team dedicated to democratizing on-trend and validated styles in footwear and accessories for the world. Our brands include Airwalk®, Dexter®, Champion®, American Eagle by Payless Shoe Source, SmartFit, BRASH®, safeTstep, and designer labels Lela Rose for Payless Shoe Source, Christian Siriano for Payless Shoe Source™ and Isabel Toledo for Payless Shoe Source. Our mission is to become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our target consumer.
Our world headquarters is centrally located in Topeka, KS, facilitating easy travel to all parts of the country. And Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
The SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Software Engineer III is responsible for designing, coding, configuring and testing SOA services to meet data integration, system integration and enterprise application integration needs. This position is part of the Enterprise Integration Competency Center which will support all data integration for the Retail Transformation Program. The SOA Software Engineer III will work primarily with the IT Applications team and the Business Systems Analyst team for the Retail Transformation Program. This individual is highly competent in building quality into a solution, is able to provide technical support and coordinate with an outsourced development team.
- Design, development and unit testing of SOA services according to functional requirements and specifications
- Define test plans and build solutions with quality
- Participate in technical meetings
- Set-up, configure and deploy SOA Services and provide necessary technical support after deployment
- Ensure compliance with coding, testing and architecture standards and creates the appropriate SDLC documentation
- Implementing industry best practices using an SOA approach
- Mentoring junior developers and acting as a subject matter expert in SOA concepts
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g SOA Suite
- Experience with OSB 11g
- Experience with Weblogic and JDeveloper development tools
- Clear understanding and hands on experience with web services and XML fundamentals
- Experience with programming languages such as .Net or Java/J2EE and Oracle programming experience using SOA concepts
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of the key processes and integration points within an IT department (infrastructure, architecture, applications, etc.)
Experience & Education:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Project Management or Business Administration with a concentration in MIS or a related field
- Minimum of 4-6 year Software Engineering experience
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United Sates.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and /or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify's photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at: 1-888-464-4218.
Right to Work Notice:
If you have the right to work, don't let anyone take it away.
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace.
You should know that -
- No employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin.
- Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents.
If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language.
Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515.
In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5593, TDD 202-616-5525
Or write to:
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of special Counsel - NYA
950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20530
CBI - Payless - 17 months ago