March 1, 2013
The Cash Management and Reconciliation unit at the University of Delaware is responsible for reconciliation of University bank accounts and oversight of cash balances.
Reporting to the Manager, this position is responsible for cash and revenue reconciliation processes as well as performs cash management to avail short term investing for the University. This key position; serves as administrator of the UDeposit application and provides guidance to University sub systems owners regarding the accurate and timely recording of the receipt or disbursement of cash.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Design, utilize and maintain complex accounting and database applications to support the reconciliation of various University deposit and disbursement accounts.
- Utilization of computerized information systems and applications such as PeopleSoft Query and Microsoft Office Tools to provide projections, forecast trends and make recommendations for cash utilization and maintenance of bank account balances.
- Monitor and review bank and related sub system reports for accuracy and completeness on a daily basis to verify cash deposits/disbursements. Manage cash balances and concentrate University cash for best use.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or business-related discipline with two years job-related experience. An Associate's degree and three years’ job-related experience can substitute for required education.
- Effective analytical and technical skills are required, including the use of financial management systems, relational databases and spreadsheet software programs to ensure accurate integration from multiple cash subsystems into UD Financials.
- Strong analytical, account balancing and reconciling skills as well as the ability to gather, analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance and computerized information systems required, PeopleSoft applications preferred.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members and Women. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at