The primary focus of the Tutor is to assist with the improvement of the student-athlete’s academic progress at APSU . This position reports to the Athletics Academic Coordinator and ensures that assigned student-athletes obtain individualized academic support.
Availability: 1 position effective February 2013
FOAP : 260312-70016-61400-400
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assess study skill needs and learning strengths of participant being tutored.
- Reinforce key concepts presented by the student-athletes’ professors.
- Promote independent learning among assigned student-athletes.
- Promote academic integrity among assigned student-athletes.
- Track attendance and complete Tutorial Session Feedback Forms of tutoring sessions for all assigned student-athletes.
- Report to the Athletics Academic Coordinator student-athletes who may require assistance from other programs.
- Maintain accurate records for hours worked and adhere to policies and procedures for completing APSU payroll.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and commitment to the academic achievements of student-athletes.
- Availability to provide tutoring 10 hours per week.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Ability to work independently with students in a tutoring session.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community, and the public.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Must be an APSU student enrolled at least ½ time.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA .
- Must be a Business major.
- Grade of “A” or “B” in courses to be tutored.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- A background check may be required of the successful applicant.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Austin Peay State University - 2 years ago