Supports the professional clinical staff by providing direct patient care and performing duties as assigned by the RN.
• Under supervision of a RN: Performs and documents patient observation, patient care and communicates significant information to the registered nurse and other appropriate team members.
• Assists patients, families, and visitors with various needs to enhance customer service.
• Lifts, moves, positions & transports patients.
• Assures safe, therapeutic environment for patients, families, visitors, and staff.
• Considers age, growth, and development when providing care.
• Participates in staff development and orientation of new staff.
• Sets priorities and demonstrates organizational skills.
• Assists in duties as requested to meet the day-to-day operations of the unit.
• Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs transporter duties as needed.
• Maintains supplies and equipment.
• Maintains records, departmental files and/or logs according to established procedures.
• Performs other assigned duties.
• Completion of 120-hour or 150-hour Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program or graduate of an accredited RN program
• High School diploma or GED
• 18 years of age
• Basic Life Support (BLS) training, or within 90 days of hire and must maintain throughout employment
• Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) training or within 90 days of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
• Prior emergency department work experience.
• Ability to assist nursing personnel with patients; explain procedures and give information; skill in the use of specialized equipment and/or techniques; ability to detect abnormal conditions and report appropriately; able to function promptly and appropriately under stressful conditions.
• Skill in effective oral and written communication in English.
Mary Greeley Medical Center - 17 months ago