Afterschool Enrichment Solutions was founded in 2001 and currently works with over 4,000 students through over 250 schools. The guitar students are mostly between the ages of 8 and 14 (grades 3-8), and many of them are beginners.
Most classes will start in the first half of October. The classes are offered once a week and start around 2:00, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, or 3:30pm on weekday afternoons and last for one hour. An instructor may teach 1-5 classes a week for 1-5 hours total. It is only possible to schedule one one-hour class per day. We provide all the supplies, curricular materials, as well as training.
The guitar instructors will perform the following duties:
- Arrive to the site 15 minutes before the stated class time
- Take attendance and communicate it to the school office
- Teach a lesson and supervise children during guided practice
- Perform an orderly and safe dismissal
- Communicate with our office regularly
The candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be available during after school hours on weekdays (2-5pm)
- Must have some guitar/music experience
- Teaching experience (not necessarily guitar) or experience working with groups of children (as a camp counselor, etc).
- Have a working vehicle
- Have a cell phone
- Ability to check emails at least twice daily
- Have a clean criminal background check (verified via FBI)
- Ability to commit at least through mid-December (longer-term commitment is preferred)
$40-$50 per class (one hour instructional time).