Operates the deliver end of the press unit and assists in all press functions by performing the following duties:
- Maintains proper market identification, checking mastheads, skids tickets and layouts.
- Maintains proper counts throughout the press runs.
- Operates and maintains the robotic equipment.
- Stacks signatures and maintains overall quality of skids.
- Identifies and reports any noticeable print defects to Head Press Operator, Press Operator or Supervisor
- Coordinates paper waste removal in the pressroom.
- Completes all work assignments during make-readies and other press downtime situations
- Assists with the removal of waste ink, used printing plates, and press side garbage.
- Assists with changing slip-sheets at the printing units.
- Assists with manual signature stacking when needed.
- Assists with cleaning press water systems and changing filters.
- Performs Press Operator responsibilities when needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to understand production, quality, and safety procedures and communicate those standards to crew while safely managing machine;
- Mathematical skills and able to accurately complete daily machine reports;
- Ability to handle materials 10-25 pounds on a continuous basis, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; English preferred.
- Must be able to work a 12hr rotating shifts including nights and weekends .
- 1-2 Years experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Valassis Communications, Inc. (Valassis) is a media and marketing services company, offering reach and scale to more than 15,000...