- Work with project managers to oversee the design and implementation of complex Linux based solutions
- Interact with clients and professional service development groups to deliver scalable, secure, and highly available infrastructures
- Provide third level support for server/site issues and escalations in a non-stop e-commerce environment
- Assist the system administrators with server configuration changes and maintenance tasks
- Assist in the evaluation, definition, and documentation of technical standards, processes, and procedures
- Document site configurations, network requirements, and infrastructure topologies
- Help security engineers ensure client implementation and internal processes adhere to SAS 70, PCI, and SOX compliance controls and objectives.
- Participate in internal R&D projects that help establish standards and define new service offerings with Senior and associate Systems Engineers and Administrators
Desired and Beneficial Skills:
- Strong problem solving and issue triage skills
- Effective communications, presentation, and negotiating skills with the ability to work with networking, database, and application development engineers
- Demonstrated attention to detail when working with highly-visible live production servers
- Ability to understand requirements, develop solutions, and drive execution to meet established dates and milestones
- Solid understanding of Linux: paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device drivers, file system concepts (permissions, inodes, symlinks, clustering, logical partitions), authentication, and authorization
- Demonstrated experience working with Apache web servers and J2EE application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP communication between servers across networks, including the roles and behavior of firewalls, switches, VLANs, gateways, load balancers, etc.
- Strong organization, documentation, time management, and communications skills with the ability to manage several active projects at a time
- Five or more years of system/application administration experience in a Linux environment
- Comfortable using MacOSX, Windows, and/or Linux on a daily basis as your primary computer
- Experience designing, planning, deploying, and troubleshooting issues in complex, highly-scalable, high-volume, and highly-redundant environment
- Advanced experience with J2EE application servers (Tomcat)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Virtuozzo, VMware, VirtualBox, etc)
- Experience with content delivery networks and cloud based SaaS solutions (Ec2, Akamai, etc.)
- Experience working with relational database servers, such as MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Programming background in common Linux tools such as shell, perl, python, etc.
- Experience working in a enterprise hosting environment under SAS 70, PCI, and/or SOX controls
- Bachelor's degree in computer or networking related program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal as in we all have a chance to be brilliant and we all have a chance to rinse out our own coffee mugs. We prefer working with folks who will do both on a regular basis. Opportunity as in you can make your voice heard. You can learn. You can teach. And the most amazing things happen when you do all three. Most companies put the equal opportunity blurb in fine print at the bottom of an ad because of the law. We boldly state it at the top because we wouldn't be who we are without a belief in the infinite potential of our employees. In addition to providing opportunity, we provide some pretty tangible compensation for your brains and brawn; Competitive salaries, great benefits including medical/dental/vision and 401(k), not to mention the casual yet dynamic work environment, flexible work schedules, high-profile projects, cutting-edge technologies, and a chance to work with people who are just as smart and passionate as you are.
- US Citizen and/or US Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
- 3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls will not be accepted.
BSG Software - 7 months ago