This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting Web or JAVA applications for the enterprises Internet/intranet sites. Gathers and analyzes requirements. Programs all or selected components of Web or Java applications. Documents components and applications. Develops automation techniques to enable end-user content publishing; programs, tests and implements mapped graphic images, forms and HTML pages; handles client browser support inquiries; maintains links to external sites and accuracy on internal links while ensuring up-to-date information. Researches, evaluates and recommends new Internet tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities. This job at the senior level has experience in a variety of the more difficult Web tools and languages.
NOTE: Visa Sponsorship or Visa Transfer is not available.
1) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
2) IT work experience in software development, installation and modification in an online environment;
3) Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional role;
4) Typically requires a college or university degree OR the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts;
5) Receives significant instruction, guidance and direction from others;
6) Uses existing procedures to solve routine or basic problems;
7) Learns needed skills by performing assigned work with moderate guidance;
8) Learns to work autonomously over time.
1) Experience in Java development. 0-3 years experience in the following environments / Technologies is a PLUS;
2) IBM Websphere Application Server;
3)J2EE Technologies ( MVC/Spring Framework, Hibernate, Struts, Web Services);
4) Unix and SQL;