Impact and Scope:
The Kaplan Faculty Member is a qualified nurse educator or clinical expert who, on a PRN basis, is responsible for all aspects of course delivery.
The Kaplan Faculty Member delivers excellent classroom experiences through a guided review of application/analysis level exam-style questions to prepare students for the NCLEX®-RN examination. Faculty adhere to the course curriculum, position themselves as the NCLEX®-RN experts and employ effective classroom management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Successful completion of Kaplan’s Teacher Development Program. The training will include an overview of the NCLEX®-RN exam, the Kaplan course, teach back sessions of selected questions, and a mentoring session
• Expertise in the NCLEX®-RN exam and Kaplan’s course materials & resources
• Understanding & application of Kaplan methodology with appropriate utilization of the Faculty Manual
• Receive feedback openly & implement recommendations from Nursing Academics team
• Excellent teaching skills & ability to engage students through high energy levels, and adaptability of teaching style to the learning needs of the students
• A confident, approachable and professional image
• MSN or BSN plus Masters degree
• Current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
• Ability to teach classes and conduct tutoring as assigned by manager
• 5+ years clinical nursing experience
• Teaching experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Accountability – take responsibility for student success and the Kaplan brand in the market place
• Collaboration – working together to achieve our shared goals
• Innovation – application of creative methods to enhance student learning
• Excellence – commitment to exceeding students’ expectations
• Integrity – treating all with honesty & respect
Commitment to these measurements is in alignment with the Kaplan mission – Kaplan helps individuals achieve their educational and career goals. We build futures one success story at a time.
Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company, is a premier provider of educational services for individuals, schools, and...