Software Development Engineer, AmazonLocal
Be at the center of Amazon innovation with AmazonLocal! This daily deals marketplace offers customers discounts of up to 75% off desirable goods and services in their communities -- over 100 regions throughout the United States. This rapidly-growing business within Amazon offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
AmazonLocal is looking for exceptional, motivated software engineers to break ground on innovative product features for customer facing website and applications for mobile devices. The AmazonLocal team offers a creative, fast paced, startup-like work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon’s innovation by exploring, defining, and building.
You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product definition with business teams, architect and implement the technical solution, and measure its success. You will work with senior management and play a key role in ensuring the Amazon continues to reinvent itself. You will be working with a talented team of technical professionals to build highly scalable customer-facing systems.
AmazonLocal develops consumer websites and applications for mobile devices using the latest in front-end, back-end and mobile technology. We write high quality, well-tested code and maintain a very low operational overhead that allows us to focus continuously on delivering exciting new functionality for our users. We utilizes the latest in agile and test-driven development methods and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++ and an understanding of SQL
- Experience building complex, scalable, and high-performance and highly software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and building technology solutions to solve them
- Background building systems to support 3rd-party merchants and partnerships
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with service oriented architecture, Spring, Hibernate, Memcached, or similar technologies
- Experience with SOA and RPC
- Experience managing and performance tuning RDBMS including MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Ruby, Rails, and rapid web development
- Familiarity with mobile development for iPhone, Android and mobile web
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability drive creative and innovation solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, relentlessly high standards, can dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drives innovation in their teams, invokes passion in others, can think big, and delivers results
Amazon.com - 21 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...