Under the supervision of the Director, Workplace Giving, the Relationship Manager effectively establishes, manages and coordinates the business relationship with clients and supports the overall goals of the Development Department. He or she contributes to revenue growth by developing and broadening relationships in our key accounts, by assisting the development team in gaining access to donors, by implementing efforts to retain and grow existing donors, and by enhancing the overall client's engagement with the United Way, including, but not limited to providing new products to existing clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The RM is typically responsible of 8-10 clients
- Retain and renew existing client accounts and establish client relationships with newly sold key accounts.
- Develop effective understanding of the corporations' evolving Corporate Social Responsibility needs and drive a shift in the service model to connect with their needs.
- Develop strategic partnerships with the key accounts to create collective impact in the community around our mission.
- Develop new business revenue opportunities in existing accounts.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize tasks and resources to accomplish defined objectives.
- Identify important business needs of corporate clients; effectively communicate those needs internally at United Way and advocate inside the company for the satisfaction of those needs.
- For major clients, create, maintain and lead internal interdepartmental service teams to maximize the effective delivery of administrative and other services and to promote an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Manage introductions of appropriate UWGLA personnel to our clients in order to sell and or deliver new products and services to current clients.
- Manage delivery of services to achieve high levels of client satisfaction.
- Accumulate, maintain and report on key client data advising clients on identified trends and issues in benefit programs.
- Ensure 100% access to the donors who are employees of our workplace clients
- Gain approval for annual employee communication plans from clients
- Document and communicate important program information internally and externally.
- Communicates ideas and information concisely and effectively in both oral presentation and written format.
- Demonstrates strategic planning for each client account.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Demonstrates negotiating skills.
- Demonstrates project management skills.
- Four-year undergraduate college degree or equivalent would strongly support a candidate's qualification. A graduate degree in management or finance would strongly support a candidate's qualifications.
- Proven performance in sales and donor relations is essential.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to travel with the Los Angeles area
- Three to five years of business experience, with relevant background in client management and sales
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Excel
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
idealist.org - 12 months ago