- High school diploma or GED preferred
professional retail environment ; sales of technology products preferred
- Minimum of one year of sales and customer service experience in a
- Genuine enthusiasm and above-average interest in computer technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to sell and make appropriate product recommendations to
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons
- Experience in coaching a peer team preferred
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Able to build and maintain strong, professional relationships
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability,
age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the
eligibility of employees to work in the US.
RETAIL SALES SPECIALIST
As an OfficeMax Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering
a best in class level of customer service. You#re the essence of a
customer#s experience at your store. With your natural ability to sell,
you enrich people#s lives through meaningful dialogue about the latest
technology, office products and services we have to offer. You
consistently delight your customer by finding unique ways to meet their
needs and recommend solutions to help them do their best work. You
become your customer#s trusted advisor through your superior product
knowledge and eagerness to meet their needs. You earn their loyalty by
offering the right solutions that make them feel valued, important, and
appreciated. Holding the unique role of both leader and coach, you will
also ensure your fellow team mates are successful by purposely
demonstrating to them, through your behavior, the role you play in
delighting our customers. If you have a customer-centric attitude and
love to sell, we invite you to apply and become part of our store team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
personalized & professional service
- Delight the customer by offering a simple, yet superior level of
products, solutions and accessories to complete the sale
- Thoroughly understand customer needs and then offer relevant
company#s products, service features, accessories, and pricing plans
- Develop, maintain, and communicate up-to-date knowledge of the
hardware and software troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Provide frontline customer support, including technical product
others to set challenging goals and achieve high standards of
- Influence others and advocate ideas to engage, inspire, and encourage
neat and clean department that exemplifies the priorities of in stock
- Ensure an inviting environment for the customers by maintaining a
and clean store.
knowledge, styles, talents, perspectives, values and beliefs
- Work cooperatively with people who have different backgrounds,
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether...