We are currently seeking a General Manager at our full service hotel with restaurant and banquet/meeting facility in the Bay Area. The candidate must be a self-starter, with a minimum of 3-5 years experience as a general manager or higher level in a full service hotel operation. The candidate must have Sales & Marketing background, Food & Beverage, Catering & Rooms experience as well. The General Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the entire hotel, ensuring guest and associate satisfaction.
* Ensures company/franchise standards are maintained and performed daily.
* Delegates authorities and assigns responsibilities and holds all department heads accountable.
* Ensures proper training for each position, including safety and standard operating procedures
* Monitors cost controls daily to maximize profits.
* Oversee F&B operation to make certain all F&B areas are profitable
* Monitor Sales and Marketing to make certain outside sales calls, reports and files are maintained properly.
* Is very involved in the overall sales process.
* Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
* Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction.
* Completes weekly meetings with department heads to set goals and action plans.
* Drive employee morale.
* All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving - Resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even while dealing with emotional situations.
* Dependability - Has
'Whatever it takes' attitude. Available to work long shifts to reach goals.
* Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer issues; Responds immediately to requests for service and assistance.
* Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality.
* Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills
* Team Work - Constantly building a positive team spirit.
* Written Communication Skills - Writes clearly and effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results.
* Managing People - Approachable and available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
* Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Business Knowledge - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
* Sales Experience - Must have solid sales background in driving revenues and maintaining customer base.
* F&B Experience - Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of food and beverage including food & liquor costing, analyzing Labor VS Revenue etc.
* Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Initiative - Self starter and drives for success.
* Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
* Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
* Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. You must inspect what you expect. * Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
*Human Resources-Handle Hiring of all associates, training, evaluations and disciplinary actions.
Bachelors degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration plus four to six years of prior hotel management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience required may vary based on size and complexity of operation. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago