Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The Nurse Practitioner will work under the supervision of the Medical Director, The Nurse Practitioner will provide nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care. The Nurse Practitioner will join and assist the in providing comprehensive medical care to patients in a variety of settings, including: home, hospitals, in-patient units, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. The Nurse Practitioner will provide education on Hospice & Palliative Care for physicians, patients/families and others.
1. Develops and implements clinical plans of care for patients with chronic and terminal illnesses.
2. Performs a wide range of activities, which include but not limited to: assessment, history and physical; recommendations on aggressive symptom management;
3. Develops plans to meet patient and family physical and psychosocial needs;
4. Monitors patient progress; regularly updates the Physician; consults around discharge planning; and patient/family teaching.
5. Maintains patient medical records according to established standards and documents in a systematic, accurate and succinct format.
6. Maintains communication with the supervisory physician(s) and attending physician to review patient records and care plans on a routine basis.
7. Refers patients to Physician or to specialized healthcare resources for consultation or treatment as appropriate.
8. Initiates communication with attending physicians, other hospice staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
9. Instructs the patient and caregiver:
A. How to administer medication and recognize side effects.
B. How to perform personal care and oral hygiene.
C. How to assist in lifting, moving, ambulation and exercise.
D. How to prepare for the events preceding death.
10. Will attend Hospice Team Meetings and other patient conferences as deemed necessary by the Team Director.
11. Provides appropriate support at time of death.
12. Shares in providing 24-hour seven-day-a-week coverage to patients and families.
13. Assists in making home health aide assignments, prepares written instructions for the aide and supervises the aide in the home.
14. Participates in hospice orientation and ongoing education programs.
15. Demonstrates familiarity with policies of the agency and state(s) and federal regulations pertaining to nursing services.
16. Participates on committees and special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Palliative Experience Preferred
1. Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state(s).
2. Masters Degree required.
3. Current CPR certification
4. Previous experience in hospice, home health, geriatrics or general medical surgical nursing.
5. Demonstrates familiarity with policies of the agency and state(s) and federal regulations pertaining to nursing services.
6. Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
7. Willingness to serve on-call.
8. Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care - 12 months ago
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care....