The Utilization Director is responsible for Mission and Values implementation, operational leadership and direction of assigned departments with 24- hour responsibility. This position is responsible for assigned services for performance planning and improvement, clinical quality, fiscal and service results, patient, customer, and employee satisfaction
1. Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license with the state of California
2. Five years recent acute hospital Utilization Management and/or supervisory experience.
3. Must have a record of demonstrating leadership competencies and management style that exemplify the CHW Values and Mercy Basics
4. Knowledge of applicable State, Federal and local codes, regulations, laws and regulatory compliance process
5. Knowledge of variety of nursing services, Skill Nursing Facilities, Home Care, SubAcute and Community Services
6. Knowledge of InterQual Criteria
7. Bachelor's degree
1. Masters degree in nursing or other healthcare related field.
2. Knowledge of current and emerging industry trends affecting health care, and nursing practice
3. MIDAS experience