Description/Job Summary The Senior Buyer will have knowledge of government subcontracting in compliance with FAR/NASA FAR Supplement and must be familiar with cost plus, firm fixed priced, BPA, labor hour and requirements type contracting. They must have experience in materials
procurement and understand the unique quality requirements associated with manned spaceflight and familiar with ITAR regulation and Export Controls. The Senior Buyer will have extensive knowledge and expertise to handle complicated aerospace and aviation hardware
and build-to-print requirements; analyze cost/price proposals, terms and conditions, and strong negotiations skills. The Senior Buyer will need a good working knowledge of the product/services being acquired; outstanding verbal and written communications skills
required to represent the company in meetings with the customer and to successfully work with vendors and interdepartmental representatives. They will also have the ability to analyze and make competent decisions independently with the ability to read, analyze
and interpret government regulations and laws. Must be able to travel as required by the company and may include overnight stays.
Required Experience The ideal candidate will have at least 5-8 years of practical experience with:
- Soliciting, negotiating executing and administering complex acquisitions of aerospace and aviation hardware, materials and services as well as providing regular status and activity reports to management for assigned work.
- Preparing Request For Proposals/Request for Quotes for high dollar procurements, evaluating offers, performing cost/price analyses, drafting subcontract/purchase order agreements and administering to completion after award.
- Preparing “audit-ready” file documentation to enable administration of purchase agreements with service or equipment suppliers.
- Analyzing receipts and billing validation/verification reports to ensure compliance with subcontract terms.
- Supplier performance monitoring, problem identification and resolution.
- Representing company in meetings with the customer and provides guidance and counsel pertaining to customer wishes/expectations relating to planned or current acquisitions or feasibility studies.
- Ensuring assigned tasks are accomplished in compliance with company policy and FAR /NASA FAR Supplement; In-depth knowledge of contract and subcontract administration, contract and procurement laws, the Truth in Negotiation Act, aerospace and aviation hardware
Required Education The Senior Buyer position requires:
Bachelor Degree in related discipline and at least 5-8 years of related experience or the equivalent education/experience.
Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point. Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations and laws.
Details Arcata Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug free environment.
Arcata Associates, Inc - 2 years ago
Arcata is a Nevada-based engineering services and information technology company established in 1979. They provide mission critical...