Posting Job Title: Customer Service Rep
Requisition #: 141878BR
Posting Location: United States - Maine - Portland
Area of Interest: Customer Service
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
The Time Warner Cable Northeast Region currently seeks a Customer Service Representative for our Inbound Customer Service Call Center in Portland, Maine. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The primary office hours of operation are 6:00AM – 11:00 pm (7 days per week) and could conceivably include day or evening shifts and weekend coverage as needed.
Answer phones to respond to sales orders, technical issues, general customer inquires, billing related questions, and customer complaints. Consistently and regularly offer new products and services on all calls. Project a professional company image through phone interaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
- Handle difficult problems, complaints, and complicated calls.
- Educate and offer new products and services on every call.
- Up-sell products and services.
- Provide customers with current product and service information.
- Input work orders into billing system.
- Provide proper and appropriate troubleshooting for customers experiencing technical difficulties with our video and internet services.
- Scheduling and rescheduling service and installation appointments.
- Attempt to retain customers downgrading/disconnecting with Time Warner Cable.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the computer system.
- Follow-up on customer inquires not immediately resolved.
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Recommend process improvements.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong ability to clearly articulate information in a respectful, helpful, and enthusiastic manner.
- Follow instructions and demonstrate advanced telephone skills.
- Dependability and with an excellent, prior attendance record.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills in multiple operating systems (ex. Windows XP), internet, and e- mail (ex. Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express)required.
- Ability to type 20-30 words-per- minute.
- All other Duties As Assigned
Two to three years of prior sales or customer support experience preferred.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Time Warner Cable:
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas - New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FCC Unit_TWC: 4270 - Portland
Controlling Establishment ID: 00114 - Portland Johnson
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...