AECOM is seeking a landscape designer to become a part of our growing Landscape Architecture & Urban Design practice in our New York City office on a variable part time basis, up to 40 hours per week on an as-needed basis.
· Reporting to and supporting the principals and senior staff with design and technical work on landscape architecture, urban design and park projects
· Working with senior staff to support the landscape architecture and urban design practice
· Work as a core team member during all phases of work, including construction documents
0-4 years professional experience and educational background in landscape architecture and/or urban design.
Candidate should have the ability to show project/educational design experience in at least three of the following areas:
· Streetscapes, Plazas
· Recreational parks and/or sports fields
· Playgrounds and waterplay areas
· Urban Parks, Urban Waterfronts
· Large-scale landscape master plans
· Green infrastructure/low impact development
· Strong graphic abilities required, including proficiencies in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketch-Up, and Adobe Creative Suite. GIS experience is a plus.
· Experience and/or interest in advancing sustainable design principles
· Experience in and desire to work with a multi-disciplinary project team, with an emphasis on coordination of other disciplines
· Research skills related to urban design and planning, including zoning and land use
· Ability to synthesize large volumes of information concisely in written and graphic formats
Additional Skills Desired:
· Experience and/or education in grading, technical drawing, and detailing
· Experience and/or education of northeast plant material design and commercially available species
· Experience and/or education of stormwater drainage design
Educational Requirements (one of the following):
B.S.L.A., B.L.A, or M.L.A
B. Arch or M. Arch with emphasis on Urban Design/Planning
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's leading...