Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of tutoring and supplemental education services to children of all ages, grades and skill levels. For more than 30 years, our highly personalized and proven approach to learning has helped more than two million students discover their true potential.
Our talented employees take pride in the impact they make each day. When you become a member of the Sylvan team, you will work with caring, bright, motivated people who share a passion for helping students build the skills, habits and attitudes they need to succeed in school–and in life.
Ready to join our team? Apply today, and don't let this opportunity pass you by!
Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
will own the availability and security of the enterprise Microsoft SQL Server systems. This is a high profile, often high pressure, role in a rapidly growing, data centric company. This person must be a good multi-tasker, with the ability to meet project deadlines despite the distractions of production support. The Senior SQL Server database administrator will continuously indentify, prioritize, and act upon opportunities for performance improvement.
An approximation of the Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator’s responsibilities is listed below:
As a successful Senior SQL Server Database Administrator you will:
- DBA Operations Design, Support, & Mgmt. 20%
- SQL Server Architectural Planning And Design 20%
- DBA Support & Mentoring 20%
- DB Project Execution 20%
- Documentation 20%
- Help manage a complex production database environment which includes over a half dozen production SQL Server SAN systems, plus additional development, alpha, and qual instances/systems.
- Lead SQL systems backups/disaster recovery, capacity planning, real-time monitoring, troubleshooting, and proactive maintenance.
- Own the perpetual SQL Performance Management process.
- Review complex TSQL queries to assist the Development DBA Team in crafting high performance TSQL for our environments.
- Be proficient at designing and maintaining high availability SQL environments and understand the ROI of various design decisions as they relate to physical storage and server capacity.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in individual and group problem solving situations and effectively uses logic and reason.
- Be available via remote access and company supplied blackberry for off hours support on a rotating basis, typically one week on, two weeks off. This includes monitoring the daily/overnight processes.
What you get in return:
- 5+ years administration of enterprise Microsoft SQL 2008 Servers in a high availability environment
- 5+ years experience writing and optimizing complex TSQL queries in Query Analyzer
- Must be a true SQL Server Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Must have excellent backup/recovery and troubleshooting skills
- Windows Clustering technology
- Database Consistency Checks
- Dynamic Management Views
- Transactions and isolation levels
- Query writing and performance and tuning
- SQL Security
- Day to Day DBA Activities (backups, restore, maintenance, indexing)
- Bachelors Degree
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company! Our total rewards package includes:
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
- Competitive market pay based compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
- 401(k) plus company match
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
Sylvan Learning - 13 months ago
For Educate, the name says it all. Its portfolio of companies features Sylvan Learning Center, which offers tutoring to students in pre-K th...