We are looking for an experienced, excited system engineer/developer to lead the core development and roll-out of a distributed architecture platform that will support a number of proprietary applications currently in development. We have a small, motivated team of people and every team member has critical contributions to our team and product. We are looking for creative, pragmatic, self-motivated and self-managing people. A love of problem solving in a fast-paced, start-up environment and a passion for both simplicity and great code are essential!
- Research, development, documentation, and roll-out of our initial architecture implementation
- Work with our development team to ensure the architecture needs of the various applications are met with the architectural implementation
- Grow and adapt architecture to support growing user base and increasing application functionality
- Work closely with local and remote development teams to fully understand system wide functionality and integration issues.
5 years experience developing and administering Debian based Linux systems in an enterprise environment, specifically:
- Distributed systems installations
- Custom package management
- Custom image creation
- Enterprise monitoring
- Scripting and automation
- Performance tuning
- Experience with Chef or Puppet highly desirable
Experience in developing/administering systems from the ground-up is highly desirable.