United States-West Virginia-Fairmont
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Network Security Engineer / Computer Systems Security Analyst 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fairmont, WV.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Automated Biometric Identification Systems Program. The ideal candidate will be a flexible and energetic individual in the Information Technology field knowledgeable in either Windows Server 2003/2008 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux or a Linux variant. They will possess a working knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies including storage appliances. The candidate must be familiar with secure network design, implementation, administration and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Candidate must have current vendor operating system certification as well as current DoD 8570.01M certification or must be willing to obtain them within 6 months of hire. Strong interpersonal skills are required as position will include tiered reporting to various organizations and will require cross-function communications and may include leadership roles on special projects or teams. Must be able to work independently or as part of a team. There are no provisions for relocation. All candidates must be within the Fairmont, WV commute area or be willing to relocate at his/her expense.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the security of the information system environments.
- Participate in systems and software analysis, design, development, configuration, integration, and testing activities to ensure security requirements are addressed in the developed software
- Conduct systems architecture audits to evaluate for security vulnerabilities.
- Assess and resolve security vulnerabilities and provide security guidance to Integrated Product Teams.
- Learn and apply new technologies to assist Integrated Product Teams in secure engineering and maintenance in a developmental test bed environment.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent years technical experience) with a minimum of an additional 9 years hands on experience securing either Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server and/or a Linux variant. 4 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree.
- Knowledge of securing networking technologies such as routing, switching, Cisco IOS, VPN solutions and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies including storage appliances
- Experienced with Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Experience with and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Experience conducting Vulnerability Assessment and Incident Response
- Knowledge of current exploits, vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and maintain engineering documentation
- Must be a US Citizen with at least a DoD Secret Clearance but with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance (pass an extensive background check prior to hire)
- Position requires a current Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- CISSP or similar certification
- Familiarity with application and penetration testing techniques
- Familiarity with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with DISA Security Readiness Review scripts (SRR)
- Experience in a secure DoD, DoJ, or Government environment a plus.
- Knowledge in design and administration of Host Based Security System (HBSS) or McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)
- Knowledge and experience designing and deploying DoD Common Access Card (CAC) authentication.
- Experience applying Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) updates
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...