About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Beaverton, OR
About the Role:
If you are a seasoned developer that enjoys problem solving, enhancing existing products and taking care of customers, McAfee has an opportunity for you. This developer position reports to the Development Manager for the Endpoint Sustaining team. This person is responsible for sustaining development on the Host Intrusion Prevention (HIP) Enterprise and VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) products. In this position, you will play a critical role in triaging customer issues and performing root cause analysis to formulate quality solutions to resolve product problems. You will develop software to resolve reported issues and also design and develop feature enhancement requests as part of product update releases. You will work closely with support, QA and product development teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong combination software development and problem solving skills as well as customer focus and communication.
- Analyze, debug and determine root cause of application and driver level issues for HIP and VSE and implement solutions
- Design, implement and unit test code fixes as part of key sustaining releases for patches and hot fixes
- Work closely with our support organization as well as external customers to address issues escalated from the field as part of the bug reproduction and resolution process
- Provide the mainline team key knowledge from the field on systemic issues as part of continuous improvement.
- Work with the Sustaining Development Manager to define / improve development methodology and processes.
- Work with Sustaining QA to develop comprehensive test plans.
- Mentor junior engineers, and advance best-practices such as modular design, documentation, continuous integration, unit-testing, code-reuse, code review, etc.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- 3-5+ years of Development Experience with experience in driver development on Windows and/or non-Windows (e.g. UNIX) platforms is required
- Proven experience in C/C++ programming on Windows Linux Solaris HP Mac
- Proven experience in Java programming on Windows
- Experience with software Installer development (e.g. MSI, MSP, WIX, Installshield) is highly desired.
- A solid understanding of Windows internals and experience with kernel development is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of Windows and non-Windows (e.g. Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Solaris) operating system architecture, memory management mechanisms, synchronization and file systems.
- Networking knowledge and ability to analyze network traffic using sniffers (e.g. Ethereal, Windows LANAnalyzer) is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills such as root causing from Unix panic logs or Windows Crash Dumps is required
- Experience with using kernel debugger to debug and fix complex low level problems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including QA, Support, Development Engineers and Customers
- Experience and understanding of the product development life cycle process
- Team player
- Security knowledge and experience is a plus
- Experience in cross-platform development desirable
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline (Masters Degree in Computer Science preferred)
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Software Development
Primary Location: NA-USA-OR-Beaverton
Position Number: 882747
McAfee - 23 months ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...