Job Title: Billing Coordinator Location: Key West, FL Req #: 16826 Reports To: Billing Supervisor Posting End Date: Department: Operations POSITION SUMMARY: Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the Emergency Department charts for the Emergency Department physician billing. |
This is a part time per diem position with no guaranteed amount of hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Obtains a copy of current Emergency Department log on a daily basis.
- Identifies and marks log /track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the Emergency Dept. log, and submit trauma patient billing.
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
- Collects previous day’s patient charts, sorting in date and time order.
- Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time.
- Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information.
- Maintains copy of billing information.
- Other duties as assigned.
**CB DO NOT REMOVE**
American Medical Response - 16 months ago
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...