An individual in this position assists the Campus Head of Academic Affairs in the effective management and supervision of the Academic Affairs Department. Provides counsel to the Academic Affairs Campus Head as needed. Supports and utilizes the recommendations made by the Campus Head Dean and Executive Committee. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Manage, supervise, motivate and/or train team of Academic Directors (AD's).
- Provide leadership and support in the management of the Education Department to help attain key drivers, including student credit ratio, expense to revenue and persistence targets.
- Work closely with the AD's to meet management expectations and targets while remaining actively involved in standing school committees.
- Coordinate faculty hiring process with AD's and Human Resources well in advance of class starts. Consult with HR in posting, screening, interviewing and recommending qualified candidates.
- Provide input and participate in the evaluations of ADs with the Dean and oversee special projects as assigned and directed by Dean of Education.
- Provide administrative supervision in the registration, advising and clearance of students and assures compliance with accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Campus Head of Academic Affairs.
Dean of Academic Affairs
Academic Directors and Faculty
Inside contact encompasses the entire range of personnel. Outside contacts may include community and professional leaders as well as other educators.
- A Master's degree, preferably in Education.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in Education, with academic management, advising and teaching experience.
- Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
- Fiscal and personnel management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with technology and software packages relevant to the field.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 14 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...