Sous Chef - Houston Galleria
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer that also operates competitively excellent restaurants and specialty coffee bars in our stores. Our business is founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for talented sous chefs to contribute top tier performances in the food and beverage arena. Our operations are fast paced, high quality and customer service focused.
We are dedicated to hiring outstanding individuals who share our passion for serving customers and preparing quality food and beverages. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and to take care of your customers and career. The opportunities are endless.
Each sous chef will complete an extensive Manager in Training program which includes back of the house training, financial systems, invoice processing, scheduling, budgets, costs control, expense reports, vendor relationships, recruitment and hiring training. The ideal sous chef is motivated, results oriented and committed to exceeding customer expectations through great food and exemplary customer service.
- Assist chef in leading kitchen team to provide the freshest, best food possible in accordance with the Nordstrom recipe standards
- Motivate the kitchen team to strive for culinary excellence at maximum efficiency, comply with Company procedures and maximize profitability
- Maintain and support the restaurant kitchen environment by monitoring kitchen cleanliness
- Assist in implementing new kitchen strategies and action plans
- Train and monitor the development of all levels of kitchen staff
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- 2-5 years experience in food and beverage service
- Enthusiastic about food and a positive motivational leader
- Aspiration to advance your career into the chef position or beyond
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations.
A California Food Handler Card is required for all foodservice employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants/coffee bars in California.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 9 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...