s Store Manager Training Program is a six-week experience that provides upcoming Store Managers with the critical information, resources and preparation needed to lead both the people and operational aspects of a Lowe’s store. The program is delivered to participants through a variety of methods, including classroom instruction, self-directed learning with the assistance of a coach and provides opportunities to increase understanding and skills in their approach to leading others.
The Store Manager, under the direction of the District Manager, is responsible to aggressively drive sales growth and profits by ensuring a friendly, well trained customer responsive workforce that is highly visible on the sales floor; and by personal attention and involvement in the execution of company merchandising and operational programs and direction. By personal example, the Store Manager maintains a pace setting standard with a high sense of urgency, high energy level, attention to detail and a philosophy of hands-on management. In addition, the Store Manager constantly demonstrates our corporate culture of concern for people by treating employees as individuals with dignity and respect.
Successful candidates must meet the following job requirements:
• Prior retail management experience required.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
• Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be giving for special langue skills when there is a business need).
• Knowledge of company’s mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them.
• Ability to operate store equipment in assigned areas (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, fork lifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc.) Satisfactorily complete all Lowe’s training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift certification/training, etc.) Ability to interpret price tag and UPC information.
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden, including the outside perimeter of the store.
• Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
In addition, successful participants in this program are being trained for and are expected to apply for and assume Store Manager positions within the Wisconsin and Northern Illinois market, as defined by the below areas:
• Illinois (Chicago metro north)
• All store locations in Wisconsin
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...