The ideal Project Management Consultant for Viewpoint is someone who has working experience in a Commercial or Civil Construction, or related major contracting company and along with that has good experience, interest and capability with the computer based systems that assist and integrate the many aspects of construction Project Management.
Our consultants work with each customer to understand their business, its objectives and its processes. They work with the client to have them understand modules of the Viewpoint ERP software suite and then jointly configure the software, detail any customisation requirements, and establish customer specific data setup.
The consultant works with the overall plans of the project manager, and liaises with the other professional services teams within the company to document and deliver Data Conversion Services, Custom Report Writing, bespoke software developments and integration to other software products.
Pulling together all of these elements, the consultant supports the customer through testing and acceptance periods, go live support including process documentation and may also provide end user training as required. Through this process the consultant is assisting the company with the change management support and people skills needed to establish and grow the customer and their impacted staffs’ confidence and support as they move into ‘live’ use of Viewpoint.
Consultants are typically working across multiple concurrent projects at various implementation stages and therefore must be adaptable, flexible and responsive. Frequent domestic and occasional international travel is to be expected and typical travel regime is up to 75% with home or local office for the remaining 25%.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of divisional software products and remain expert on current product knowledge both from an internal and from a user perspective.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent construction project management, technical, business, and industry issues.
- Experience in or established understanding of the commercial, civil and specialist subcontracting company operations, practices, procedures and operational matters.
- Experience with computer based project management and finance systems, preferably with integrated software/ERP packages.
- Accomplished client-management skills, relationship-building skills, requirements gathering experience, and negotiating skills. Must be able to successfully work across multiple clients/projects in parallel.
- Must be able to consistently perform assigned work within established deadlines.
- This position requires both domestic and international travel of 75%. Travel requirements may vary depending on assigned number of customer projects and project timing. Candidates for this position must be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company. credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.
- Subject matter expertise in one the following areas - Construction project management principles and practices (e.g. project set-up via estimate, project buy-out, project documents, project change orders, job costing, job billing).
- Relevant degree in project management, construction industry, or ERP related.
- Three years or greater in construction industry.
Coaxis - 2 years ago