This position is responsible for tutoring in one of the many classes taught through the East Campus EMT department. The successful candidate will work with students to learn EMT skills and prepare them for national testing.
Each position is offered on a per class basis and employment is dependent upon available classes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist students by providing instructional tutoring and assistance with basic concepts and skills.
- Prepare students for NREMT psychomotor exams.
- Clean, maintain, and restock equipment. Report to instructor and/or Lab
- Provide student encouragement and personal support in the areas of student self-confidence and study habits.
- Assist with monitoring student attendance, and other confidential records.
- Establish effective and cooperative relationships with diverse student and employee populations
- Assist with NREMT psychomotor examination.
- Current EMT certification at the national or state level
- Current CPR certification at the Healthcare provider level
- Tutoring experience preferred