Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical repairs at the customer's place of business on customer's equipment including engines, engine components, and subassemblies.
* Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose standard problems with customer's equipment.
* Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
* Perform standard repairs on customer's equipment. Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
* Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
* Provide assistance to more senior level Field Service Technicians on larger jobs.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years related experience
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive and/or diesel engine repair required. Prior experience with diesel engine repair required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required. Clean driving record and valid Driver's License required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred
Houstonian Stewart & Stevenson helps its customers quench their thirst for Texas Tea. The company is a leading supplier of equipment...