The Banking Internship opportunity provides key foundational banking principles to develop banking and sales. Position will be responsible for learning and experiencing key job duties to be a successful agriculture and business banker. Areas Intern may work within include: banking, credit, cash management, compliance and operations.
1. Assists and prepares credit spreads for loan requests. May provide assistance with preparing loan documentation for loan closing.
2. Develops an understanding of cash management tools.
3. Handles confidential matters, along with miscellaneous projects, establishes confidential records and maintains files the branch.
4. Attends sales visits and customer calls with manager or business banker.
5. Identifies/recognizes selling opportunities and effective cross sell bank products and services.
6. Attends various required compliance and or banking training.
7. Performs other duties (project and/or research work) as requested.
Timeline of Internship:
Approximately 10 – 12 weeks. Travel within the state may be required as scheduled. The majority of time will be spent within the banking area, however, other areas of exposure include: Credit; Cash Management; Compliance and Operations. A specific schedule will be developed upon the first two weeks of employment.
Note: This is a paid internship and any interested candidates must go through the online application process to be considered.
1. Junior or senior level student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Finance, Accounting or related field with an interest and/or experience in banking field.
2. Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
3. Strong attention to detail with good communication, customer service, analytical and sales skills.
4. Strong desire to build relationships within the Great Western Bank organization and effective working relationships with co-workers.
5. Must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative; Leadership potential.
Great Western Bancorporation is the holding company for Great Western Bank, which operates about 200 branches in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri,...