ANNOUNCEMENT: POSITION OF DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OFSAN FRANCISCO
ABOUT RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF SAN FRANCISCO
Inspired by strong board leadership, a successful strategic planning process, an expanded partnership with UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, and leadership gifts, Ronald McDonald House has launched a five year $7 million comprehensive campaign. We seek a Development Director to hold the key staff role in overseeing and executing our Hearts & Hands Campaign and to position us to increase our capacity in annual fund development post-campaign to support our expansion.
We are seeking a fund development professional with significant major gifts and capital campaign experience. The Development Director position reports to the Executive Director. The Board and Executive Director share and participate in the responsibility of raising funds and securing resources and welcome the Development Director as a partner and vital member of the team.
The Ronald McDonald House (RMH) provides a haven, a home-away-from-home and the emotional support of our caring community, to critically ill children and their families. We help families coping with a child’s life-threatening illness stay together and keep them healthy and strong through the lengthy medical treatment. We currently serve families at two locations – at our House at 1640 Scott Street and at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Parnassus Campus.
The Hearts & Hands Campaign raises funds for: a second Ronald McDonald House within the new UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, under construction at Mission Bay, upgrades/maintenance of the current RMH, and development of the infrastructure to increase annual and endowment support for our facilities and family programs.
The Development Director supervises two FTE positions, a Development Assistant and a second position to be hired. The Director also manages consultants and subcontractors handling the areas of campaign strategy, marketing and PR, grants writing/coordination and direct mail.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
1) With the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Campaign Committee and the support of fundraising counsel, develop and execute the plan for the major fundraising effort.
2) Be proactive in the solicitation and stewardship of a pool of major donors and prospects.
3) Manage the work of two development staff and consultants and subcontractors to achieve defined deadlines and targets.
- Cultivate and make face-to-face meetings and asks of major gifts prospects; prepare, support and manage the Executive Director, Board of Directors, campaign volunteers and other staff in doing the same.
- Design and implement development programs and best practices that strengthen relationships with existing and prospective donors.
- Measure and track progress of Staff, Board and Volunteer campaign workers against goals.
4) Direct and oversee the campaign and day-to-day development activities, including:
- Major department functions: major gifts, annual campaigns, grants, corporate giving, events planning and planned giving.
- Prospect identification, regular prospect research, and expansion of the donor prospect database.
- Prospect strategy: development, preparation of briefings for donor visits and posting of visit reports.
- Development infrastructure, including gift processing, donor tracking, acknowledgements, budgeting, budget tracking, etc.
5) Help create a “culture of resource development,” educating Board members, staff, and volunteers about their roles in resource development.
6) Work with the Board President, Executive Director, and Board Development Committee to recruit Board members who will help achieve RMH’s development and marketing goals.
Marketing, Public Relations and Communications
7) Work with the Campaign Committee, Board, Staff and Volunteers to create and execute the marketing and PR component of the campaign and annual plans. Manage the work of marketing and public relations consultants and subcontractors.
8) Oversee the development of communications, including online, electronic and social networking communications, videos, publications and all public and donor communications.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for the mission of supporting critically ill children and their families.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of fundraising experience with proven success in face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts of $25,000 and above.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and supporting board, campaign leadership and staff for meetings with donors.
- Capital Campaign experience in a significant staff role.
- Experience leading all aspects of a development program, including major gifts, annual campaigns, grants, corporate giving, event planning and prospect research.
- Knowledge of and experience working in the Bay Area philanthropic community, required.
- Strong supervisory experience. Proven capacity for leadership and teamwork in working with boards, volunteer committees and co-workers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and sustain trusted relationships.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to absorb family experiences and organizational plans and distill them into clear, easily understandable documents.
- Knowledge of current legal, tax, and other standards relevant to fundraising.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of and experience managing fundraising databases.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE certification preferred.
Full time, exempt position.
Regular travel required within the Bay Area..
Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume as a PDF (preferred) or Word document to email@example.com . Please place your last name, followed by the position title, in the subject line. Or mail your material to Office Manager, Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco, 1640 Scott Street,San FranciscoCA94115. No telephone calls, please.
Position is open until filled.
Development Director: San Francisco Ronald McDonald House, serving critically-ill children and their families. Senior level position overseeing our full development program and executing our campaign to expand to serve more families. Requirements: 5 to 7 years of fundraising experience, proven success in face-to-face major gifts calls, and capital campaign experience in a significant staff role. Knowledge of the Bay Area philanthropic community required. See www.ronaldhouse-sf.org for full announcement.
OpportunityKnocks.org - 30+ days ago
Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco is one of over 250 Ronald McDonald Houses worldwide that provide a home away from home to families of...