1. Develop new information systems and modify existing information systems, using approved system development/maintenance methodologies.
2. Specify, acquire, install, and integrate hardware, software and services for the Energy Control Center information systems.
3. Resolves problems and maintains the Energy Control Center information systems.
4. Creates and maintains documentation for the Energy Control Center information systems.
5. Creates and maintains user documentation for the Energy Control Center information systems.
6. Coordinates changes to the Energy Control Center information systems while minimizing disruption to Energy Control Center operations.
7. Trains Power Coordinators and staff in use of the Energy Control Center information systems.
8. As assigned, perform the functions listed above for member communities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area or equivalent experience required. Masters or advanced degree preferred.
2. 5+ years experience in software development and support, 1+ years experience in software support preferred.
3. Exposure – Working experience with SCADA systems (specifically OSII Monarch) is a plus.
4. Mastery of Linux required. Experience with MySQL desirable. Mastery of C and C++ required. Experience with VBA desirable. Any experience with Modbus or DNP protocol, ICCP, PI, or SCADA is a plus.
5. Experience with industry standard software development and maintenance methodologies required.
6. Experience with Microsoft Office or similar products required. Experience Internet applications required.
7. Demonstrated capability for troubleshooting and problem solving required.
8. Demonstrated capability for system development and maintenance required.
9. Must be able to work in a team environment and periodically work under high stress conditions.
10. Must be willing to travel as required.
11. Must be willing to provide support in 24-hour operating environment.
12. Must be able to work in a fast paced operations center environment.
13. Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
American Municipal Power - 20 months ago