Health Advocates has an opening for a full-time Eligibility Worker position at a client hospital site in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
WE OFFER PAID TRAINING & MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT!!
Eligibility Workers help qualify patients/claimants for governmental benefits (Medi-Cal, VOC, SSI, etc.) within established guidelines.
- Interview patients at bedside and by telephone for various governmental assistance programs
- Work with County programs including Medi-Cal, Victims of Crime, and Social Security Disability
- Assist patients with completion of various applications
- Interact with governmental agencies in getting applications approved
- Act as a liaison between hospital personnel, the patient, and the main office staff in regards to patient accounts
- Process information requisitions by the main office staff
- Provide reassurance to patients through excellent customer service
Position Type: Full-time
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- 2-5 years experience working in a hospital or healthcare setting desired
- 2-5 years experience working in an office setting
- Strong customer service and clerical skills required
- Social work experience a plus
- High school diploma (or GED equivalent)
- Valid California Drivers License and a clean DMV record
- Dependable vehicle with auto insurance
- Passion for working with the homeless, the needy and low income individuals
Salary: $14 per hour
Official Title: Case Manager
Applicants are required to take a Basic Office Skills, Typing tests, and other tests such as Microsoft Excel, depending on the position. Applicants being considered for hire will be required to submit to a security background check including drivers license check and/or ID check, if applicable.
About our Company
Health Advocates is a Healthcare Revenue Cycle company headquartered in Sherman Oaks, California. Our emphasis is in assisting hospitals to minimize their uncompensated care by qualifying their uninsured and underinsured patients for Medi-Cal, Social Security (SSI/SSD) and other health insurance benefits. Health Advocates is committed to providing exceptional services and professional representation to its hospital clients.
Health Advocates was founded in 1990 and is California's leading and most effective Uncompensated Care Recovery company. Health Advocates currently has over 350 employees dedicated to serving over ninety (90) of California's public and private hospitals.
Health Advocates offers competitive salaries with great benefits including health benefits, 401(k) plan, 2-3 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, and other perks - EOE M/F/D/V
This position requires access to confidential protected health information (PHI). This employee is expected to protect the privacy of all PHI in accordance with Health Advocates' privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including but not limited to the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule.
Although this position requires access to PHI in order to do their work, the employee will have access to only the minimum amount of PHI necessary for the business function, and understands that further use or disclosure of PHI is a violation of HIPAA's Safeguards and those requirements of the Privacy Rule.
14721 Califa Street
Sherman Oaks, CA
Business Hours (alternative workweek schedule)
Monday thru Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
**Work schedule for off-site employees may differ.
Monster - 12 months ago