American Tire is a growing company with over 3,400 employees throughout the United States. We continue to expand and the acquisitions and new operations continue to enhance our ability to offer the most complete selection of tires, wheels and related products and value-added service across America to independent tire retailers.
PURPOSE OF CAM
Develop and grow assigned customers and new customers as required to achieve budget/plan as required to support the strategic growth plan of the Company. Provide customers with the understanding and practical application of all programs in a manner that will insure the customers support in the market place and result in expanding the company’s position within our customer base. This is a Consultative Sales position with the right individual having the necessary skills to be a professional sales person finding the customers needs and presenting solutions and ideas to enable the customer to grow their business in the market place.
Commerical Tire Experience Required
- Achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by GM, RVP and the company
- Implement sales and marketing strategy as set forth by the company
- Develop and maintain existing customers by implementing a sales and marketing strategy
- Identify, develop and grow new business as needed to attain budget
- Research, plan and implement sales, customer retention and new business development
- Monitor and communicate competitive information including pricing, policies and market strategies
- Maximize sales opportunities through sales calls (personal visits or telephone)
- Attend local or regional trade events to gather market intelligence from customers, competitors and vendors
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to effectively serve dealers
- Maintain administration and relevant reporting and planning systems
- Understand and manage relevant reporting or management and financial information for the sales and marketing departments
- Develop and champion corporate image and reputation and protect and develop the company brand
- Maintain a professional image including appearance/dress as well as a clean and organized vehicle
- Education : Minimum High School Graduate or GED; Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
- Experience : Minimum of 5 years of sales experience, Commerical Tire Experience Required ; demonstrated success at achieving genuine sales development preferred.
- Candidate must also possess excellent computer skills in programs such as Excel and Word.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent selling skills including, features-benefits-solutions selling, program selling and problem solving
- Ability to build, communicate and execute a business plan
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance
- Ability to calculate and articulate pricing and gross profit multipliers, margin return and mark-up
- Ability to calculate sales increase needed to offset a GP% decline
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Thorough understanding of principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, tools and equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
American Tire Distributors offers a competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a two-tiered group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage. Employees that participate in the Company’s wellness program are eligible for free health care coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after one year of service. Also covered for employees is short-term disability and life insurance coverage, additional coverage for both long-term disability and life insurance is available for purchase. Employees are eligible for employee purchases of company inventory at a discount – tires, wheels, etc... Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
American Tire Distributors - 12 months ago
Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide...