Start-up feel? Check! Influencing strategy and technology directions? Check! Drive technology innovation? Check! Growing company? Check!
PR Newswire is the global leader in innovative communications and marketing services, enabling organizations to connect and engage with their target audiences worldwide. We are currently looking for a dynamic and strategically-minded software solutions architect to join our team. The successful incumbent will work with PR Newswire's Information Technology team in designing, architecting business applications and solutions leveraging Microsoft software technology offerings. This individual will bring a deep base of technical and business knowledge to multiple development and enhancement projects utilizing current mainstream architectures.
The Architect should have demonstrable application and software engineering experience creating distributed applications using .NET, with an emphasis in service oriented architecture. Additional responsibilities include leading design and development efforts, defining and enforcing architectural standards, providing work estimates, and performing architecture reviews. Enhancing software architecture and contribute to the architectural strategy as it aligns to business goals and strategies.
Qualifications / Skillset:
- Defines and formalizes overall technical architecture strategy
- Contributes to architectural standards, policies and procedures; articulating the adoption of the standards by ensuring relevant policies and procedures are well understood by the development teams and fully integrated into day-to-day deliverables
- Proactively escalate probable system problems or design flaws to management
- Work with program leadership, business analysts, enterprise architects, development team members and business sponsors to ensure that both business requirements and architectural goals are met by solutions developed
- Responsible for application integration with internal and external products. This includes defining opportunities for integration, selection of tools, specifying the shared data & code resources, defining the components, interfaces and data-flows, and monitoring the success of integrated solution
- Maintains control over the architectural lifecycle parallel to the project's software development lifecycle. Must proactively monitor the implementation to the chosen architecture during all construction iterations
- Be hands on and demonstrate technical leadership in conducting Proof of Concepts, peer programming, and lead development of core architectural components
- Works with operations and (offshore) development teams to ensure the ongoing performance and scalability of applications
- A deep understanding of best-practice architecture disciplines, modeling, processes and concepts
- More than 6 years of experience in architecting solutions using Microsoft platform such as BizTalk server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, IIS, and MS Office automation
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology and TOGAF framework
- Strong knowledge of MDM, Business Intelligence, SOA, and ESB and related technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL
- Experience developing Rich Internet Applications using Adobe Flash/Flex/AIR, Microsoft Silverlight, Windows Presentation Foundation a plus
- Extensive experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, MySql and SQL Server
- Object Oriented Design and development experience
- Must possess top notch communication skills, drive to succeed and work independently and on a team with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and offshore vendor
About PR Newswire
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or Engineering
- Microsoft certifications are desirable and preferred
Through its multi-channel distribution network, audience intelligence, targeting, measurement and compliance services, PR Newswire helps corporations and organizations conduct rich, timely and dynamic dialogues with the media, consumers, policymakers, investors and the general public, in support of building brands, generating awareness, impacting public policy, driving sales, and raising capital.
PR Newswire is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
WilsonHCG - 7 months ago
New York, NY
- 4 days ago
Software Solutions, Inc
Jersey City, NJ
Software Solutions, Inc
- 6 days ago
Easily apply to this job
New York, NY
- 5 days ago