The UWHC Culinary Services Worker - Objective is an entry-level position under the direction of the Culinary Services Supervisor and lead workers. The Culinary Services Worker - Objective is responsible for following UWHC guidelines regarding food safety and sanitation and providing exemplary customer service when working with patients, visitors and other staff members. Organizational skills are crucial to successful performance. This position requires the ability to organize daily tasks to complete job duties during constantly changing conditions.
The UWHC Culinary Services Worker - Objective performs one or more of the following responsibilities:
Meal Assembly and Service
Service to patient unit kitchens
Serving customers in a retail setting
1. High School Diploma preferred.
2. Previous food service and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Ability to problem-solve, make decisions, and work independently.
4. Excellent customer service skills - courteous, positive, and sensitive to customer and patient needs.
5. Communicates effectively by sending, receiving and responding to information ensuring high level of patient satisfaction.
6. Ability to stand, stoop, twist, bend, carry and lift for scheduled shift.
7. Follows UWHC Public Authority Employee Work Rules and department dress code, sanitation, and safety work standards.
8. Excellent verbal and written communications including understanding of English language.
9. Ability to work in a team environment.
10. Ability to work scheduled shifts.
11. Ability to perform simple math calculations.
12. Physical Requirements: Medium - Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a temporary position.
Day, Monday through Friday from 6:00am-12:00pm. The hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Contact Clare Hathaway for more information at CHathaway@uwhealth.org or at 608-262-6015.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.