Description of Essential Functions: The chief financial officer shall oversee all financial and related functions of the diocese including budgeting, accounting, investments, risk management, real estate, facilities, and contracted benefits. The CFO will implement and evaluate all financial policies and practices of the diocese to ensure that financial goals and objectives are met in accordance with diocesan guidelines.
As a person ensuring the fiscal health of the organization, the CFO should have the following:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration; master's degree in accounting, finance, or a master's in business administration (MBA) preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
• Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or non-profit or division of a large corporation or non-profit organization.
• Experience in financial management, reporting, and analysis preferable.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficient with information technology.
• Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
• Strong ability to think and act independently.
• Must be able to pass a background check successfully.
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
Catholicjobs.com - 12 months ago