Full Time | Permanent
Reports to Portfolio Manager
Compensation - DOE + Benefits | Exempt Salary
The Property Manager is responsible for the professional day-to-day management of a large apartment community The Property Manager has exceptional customer service, project management and business management skills.
- Reports to the Portfolio Manager.
- Interacts with property owners and their representatives in a professional manner.
- Interacts with residents and tenants with the highest level of customer service and positive, will-do attitude.
- Works proactively with business partners including all vendors and other personnel serving the property and its residents.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 year experience in property management or related field.
- 4 year college degree required.
- ARM or CPM designation & WA Real Estate license desired.
- Computer literate; proficient with productivity software including MS Office, Office 365 and Google Docs.
- Experience with YARDI Voyager 6.0 desired; ability to learn quickly required.
- Able to prioritize duties and efficient time management skills required.
- Excellent customer service, communication skills, and writing skills required.
Marketing and Leasing
- Develop and execute the marketing and leasing plan under the supervision of the portfolio manager.
o Oversee and perform leasing duties including responding to inquiries, showing apartments and preparing and executing leases.
- Adhere to the branding guidelines to maintain brand identity.
- Conduct a monthly market survey.
- Have a constantly up-to-date and all-encompassing understanding of market trends, comparable properties and the target demographic.
- Assess changes in the rental market through analysis of traffic and rental records.
- Maintain Fair Housing guidelines while being culturally aware and be able to work with diverse groups of people and interests.
- Provide superior customer service at all times and continually review and improve customer service strategies.
- Anticipate resident needs and maintain a positive will-do attitude.
- Organize and implement Lease Renewal program.
- Maintain regular communication with residents, coordinate regular resident events in conjunction with the residential life and distribute resident satisfaction surveys.
- Perform regular community outreach to build networking relationships throughout the neighborhood.
- Continually build value throughout the community by investigating potential services or benefits that can be passed on to the residents.
Financial Reporting & Control
- Work with portfolio manager to create annual budget.
- Adhere to approved budget and review financial statements monthly.
- Prepare monthly variance reports.
- Negotiate for supplies and services with vendors and contractors to achieve the best possible prices while maintaining high-quality product, service and craftsmanship.
- Manage accounts receivable, payable and delinquencies.
- Control petty cash/debit card funds, ACH set-up/processing and fund transfers.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections.
Maintaining the Physical Asset
- Prioritize, schedule and monitor daily activities, service requests, inspections, and construction/improvement projects.
- Perform detailed daily property walks to ensure all maintenance and custodial issues are promptly addressed.
- Identify maintenance issues preemptively and prepare for preventative maintenance.
- Maintain permits and required maintenance plan.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies on-site and carry a cell phone at all times.
- Anticipate potential security risks or breaches and report them immediately.
- Direct entire Turn process with the assistance of the Maintenance Manager.
- Manage and maintain both physical and digital resident files, vendor and project files.
- Communicate effectively with residents, employees, managers and vendors (verbally and in writing).
- Provide office coverage Monday through Friday from 9AM to 6PM or as needed.
- Establish policies and procedures with portfolio manager as necessary for successful operations.
- Prepare weekly status reports.
- Enforce all terms of the lease agreement including eviction actions.
- Manage on-site staff through implementation of effective recruitment, training and mentoring.
- Perform employee performance reviews and implement corrective action when needed; discharge personnel if necessary.
- Provide hands on leadership through team building and assist with educating employees.
To apply, please send in your resume and a cover letter.