Manage human resource function ensuring sound human resource policies, practices and organizational design are developed and implemented. Promote positive and effective work environment with fair and consistent treatment of all employees. Manage training and development function ensuring identification, coordination, and delivery of training and development activities. Coordinate and align compensation practices, benefit programs, human resource management systems, and policies and procedures with corporate requirements. Working with the division HR Director and Corporate HR function, implement human resource strategies in support of the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide leadership in evolution of plant culture by making recommendations on the execution of work, utilization of employees, behavioral standards, and communications;
- Seek new or modified methods in organizational design improvements and evolution;
- Involve employee representatives in the development of Human Resource strategies;
- Provide leadership in labor relations and contract administration.
- Challenge management Team and supervision to create a “continuous improvement” philosophy as a component of everyone’s job.
- Support and drive for CIP (Cost Improvement Program) initiatives from all departments to offset inflationary tendencies and ensure market competitiveness.
- Engage Union representatives to become “business partners” to maintain and improve our global leadership position.
- Develop and coordinate recruiting activities to meet facility staffing requirements in a manner which ensures involvement of plant personnel in the selection of best candidates;
- Ensure integrity of hiring process with respect to diversity and legal considerations.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of an ongoing employee development program that will identify and establish training needs and requirements to meet business needs as well as aid employees in attaining job satisfaction;
- Analyze and review effectiveness of training;
- Support site training & development function by ensuring there is an effective system in place which meets ISO, cGMP, PSM and other guidelines or regulatory parameters;
- Ensure decisions in areas of employment, promotions, terminations, transfers, and training are made without discrimination and with appropriate consideration of affirmative action goals.
- Oversee site compensation and benefits programs in a cost effective, equitable manner;
- Explore non-traditional reward systems consistent with plant and divisional initiatives;
- Analyze and compile benchmark salary information to ensure site competitiveness and make recommendations for annual site wage increases;
- Lead Management team in salary planning;
- Participate in the Leadership Development Review process.
- Assist Plant Manager in ensuring that FMC Newark meets its obligations as a corporate citizen in community by taking an active role in community affairs.
- Coordinate use of corporate Human Resources Information systems at site;
- Ensure job descriptions are in place and updated regularly;
- Develop and maintain site Human Resources policies and manuals.
- Support safety, health & environmental programs while maintaining;
- To act as a Management Representative on the Safety Leadership Team and a leading resource for the REACT Behavioral Based Safety initiatives
- Act as liaison with other FMC plants, FMC Corporation, Workers’ Compensation and other external contacts;
- Support safety initiatives by ensuring safety is not compromised for other business priorities;
B.S. or B.A. Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA helpful but not required.
Minimum 3 – 7 years in HR management role, preferably in manufacturing environment, with a generalist background in functions that include employee relations, labor relations, training and development, compensation and benefits, organization development, and business strategy. Union experience highly preferred.
- Negotiations/Labor Relations
- Training & Development
- Employment Law
- Organizational Design/Effectiveness
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Corporation - 17 months ago
E may = mc 2, but FMC = chemicals. Once in areas as diverse as oil field equipment and food machinery, FMC Corporation now focuses on...