Responsible for the preparation of audited financial statements on a local statutory basis for the two US Pharmaceutical Partnerships (AZLP/AZPLP). Requires preparing financial statements on a US GAAP basis and on an IAS basis for the Swedish Tax team. Serves as lead contact with the external auditors for the US GAAP audit. Provides technical expertise regarding accounting issues and US GAAP accounting pronouncements. Major Responsibilities
- Prepare year-end audited financial statements under US GAAP and IAS GAAP accounting principles for the US Pharmaceutical Partnerships and other legal entities as required. Includes researching proper reporting requirements and disclosures, drafting footnotes to the financial statements, and preparing supporting documentation for the auditors.
- Prepare year-end audited financial statements for the US Pharmaceutical Partnerships Puerto Rico Branch divisions under US GAAP accounting principles.
- Calculate quarterly cross partnership charges for shared services between the pharmaceutical partnerships. Ensure methodology is kept in alignment with underlying agreements and organizational (US Operating Model) changes.
- Forecast annual cross partnership charges with each budgeting/forecasting update for use by the Tax Department in calculating transfer price adjustments.
- Prepare US GAAP adjustments forecast for use by Tax Department.
- Reconcile the US Pharmaceutical Partnerships statutory reports to the management reporting system and Management basis Product Contribution reports.
- Responsible for reporting and forecasting of environmental liabilities for the Non-Pharmaceutical entities including preparations of quarterly board packages.
- Other special projects to support the company's and the department's objectives. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. accounting, business).
- Five to seven years accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the features and use of reporting software and tools.
- Be able to work independently and exercise good judgment based on sound accounting procedures.
- Be able to resolve problems that arise in the daily communications with other departments regarding proper accounting and/or classification problems.
- Meet deadlines with accurate, reliable financial data.
- Thoroughly understand Company accounting procedures.
- Operate in a work situation requiring great attention to detail and be imaginative, flexible, and inquisitive.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience in financial reporting of similar size company.
- Experience with systems of large companies.
- Provides Company consolidation reports to all businesses.
- Support the Management of AstraZeneca US Pharmaceutical businesses.
- Interacts with finance staff members in all US business units to obtain or provide financial data.
- External Auditors
AstraZeneca - 15 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...