An innovative and dynamic IT company is seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst with SQL and Quality Center experience.
The candidate will be responsible for gathering business requirements and facilitating the design, development, testing, documentation, and rollout of web-based applications.
Conduct and document analysis of business needs and resulting new system development or system modifications with the client and other team members. Prepare requirements documentation, develop test plans, conduct user reviews, and obtain sign-offs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of a team that will identify, assess, and record near-term business needs, recommend business priorities, document business requirements, and provide insight on options, risk and cost vs. benefit
- Interact with Technical and Business stakeholders to perform analysis of business requirements
- Assist development staff in design of new functionality by clarifying requirements
- Manage requirements change control process
- Analyze and document business and system processes
- Produce work and process flow diagrams
- Create and maintain requirements models including use cases, activity and sequence diagrams
- Identify data conversion and migration issues
- Identify user training needs; and plan, schedule and conduct user training on new releases
- Plan and manage User Acceptance Testing process
- Facilitate and participate in JAD sessions, document results of JAD sessions, develop use cases, and obtain client approval of completed use cases
- Define structured business process and provide direct support to key business owners
- Prepare documentation including Requirements Specifications and Support Documentation - to include formal process mapping, meeting minutes, Glossary, Data Dictionary, non-functional requirement specifications, and requirements management reports
- Troubleshoot problems and develop recommendations and solutions for the client and development team
- Create and maintain requirements repositories including traceability and attribute matrices using Rational tools
- SQL experience
- Quality Center experience
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques
- Values-based personality with the ability to work selflessly in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills are a must
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers
- Must be able to take ownership of assignments and seek creative solutions
- Capable of coordinating work efforts of multiple groups
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 10 years of applicable experience.
- Preferred majors and minors include Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Information Management & Technology
- Working knowledge of programming, networking and infrastructure and/or server administration is preferred but not required
- Must be flexible, adaptable to change, and able to multi task in a fast-paced diverse environment
- Experience with Rational Unified Process tools
Working at GNSI
We offer our employees comprehensive benefits that respond to their growing needs. From the basics in health care to programs that help manage life’s little turns, some of our benefits include
And Much More. Please click on the following link for a full list of benefits .
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Drug Plan, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical/Dental/Vision and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Roth 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- SmartTrip Commuter Benefits
We believe it is equally important to maintain a work environment that encourages fun!
Some recent Company Sponsored Events
At GNSI, our people are our most important competitive advantage. We know that our highly skilled work force is vital to our present and future success.
- Wii Competitions (bowling, tennis, and golf)
- Foosball Competition
- Laser Tag Celebration Event
- Murder Mystery Theatre Event
- Company Picnics
- Company Holiday Celebrations
GNSI’s commitment to diversity permeates our entire organization, which encourage us to show respect for, and appreciate the value of, all individuals and their unique backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas. The diversity of our people has been and will continue to be one of the keys to GNSI’s success.
Local applicants please (relocation expenses are not included). No faxes or calls. Only resumes submitted as word.doc or PDF will be considered. Thank you!